*To help our readers navigate their businesses and organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are re-posting this relevant blog post from Sue Hawkes, previously published on the YESS! blog.
Self-preservation in turbulent times is sometimes a lot to ask.
What can you do to manage your mindset as we’re asked to practice social distancing? Self-care is a must.
10 Self-Care Tips To Thrive In Tough Times
- Read more. If it’s been a while, indulge. You can learn or go on a journey in a book.
- Practice great self-care. Drink water, exercise/manage stress with activity, meditate, journal (gratitude journaling at times like these is critical), take your vitamins, eat healthier, cook your own meals and make them healthy, sleep/rest more, and connect with friends virtually or on the phone.
- It’s not a quarantine, and this is a step to prevent it. Only go out with others if necessary. It won’t harm you, and when you’re too busy, you crave this time alone!
- Make a list for home and work on all the things you can improve. Seize this opportunity.
- Cook. Most of us complain we eat out because we don’t have time. Well…
- Take an online class. Whether exercise or otherwise, it’s a great time to learn.
- Enjoy your hobby(ies). You don’t have one? Yay – another opportunity!
- Help others. You forget about the challenges when you’re in service to others. Do something to help someone who may need it – there are many who won’t ask and need help.
- Ask for help if YOU need it. Seriously, people are willing and able, but not always aware. ASK.
- Stay away from anyone and anything that doesn’t move you forward. Find jokes, memes, great posts, and share the good news. It’s contagious.
- Download a free chapter of How to Be a Great Boss by Gino Wickman and René Boer to learn how to be a more effective leader and manager.
- Download the Issues Solving Track™ from the EOS Toolbox to learn how to IDS (Identify, Discuss, and Solve) issues more effectively.
- Learn to make decisions faster and better by downloading a copy of our free eBook, Decide!