“The unconscious will allow us to have only what we think we deserve.”
— David R. Hawkins, author and spiritual teacher
You should live your ideal life. Sadly, most entrepreneurs and leaders don’t. I intend to change that.
Imagine doing what you love to do every day. What gives you unlimited energy. So much so that you wake up before your alarm clock goes off every morning.
Picture doing it with excitement and with people you really love being around. People who are enjoyable and uplifting. Picture the work you’re doing making an impact. The impact you want to make, whether it’s on the world or on your country, state, or community — or on your employees, clients/customers, family, friends, or yourself. Also imagine you’re being compensated well, making as much money as you want, while also having the time to pursue the other activities you’re passionate about in your personal life.
To accomplish the above, you first have to believe that you’re worthy of living that life. Right now, you may not be living your ideal life. And that may be because you don’t think you deserve it. You’re afraid of it. You’re too undisciplined. You have some deep-seated self-destructive psychological disorder. Or you simply don’t know how.
I’ll do everything in my power to convince you that you deserve it and I’ll show you how to get it. But for it to become a reality, you have to believe you’re worthy of it. The beauty is, besides yourself, many people will benefit from you achieving this life: your co-workers, your family and friends, your entire community.
It’s important for you to know that it’s just as hard to live your non-ideal life as your ideal one. So why aren’t you living your ideal life?
You deserve it.
Let me repeat that: You deserve it.
EOS defines living your ideal life by five points:
1. Doing what you love
2. With people you love
3. Making a huge difference and impact
4. Being compensated appropriately
5. With time for other passions
These five points make up what we call The EOS Life®, a term my co-founder Don Tinney coined when he observed the life I was living, as well as the lives we helped our clients live by implementing EOS® in their companies.
I now invite you to live the EOS Life.
I’ll start the journey by showing you what a perfect 10 looks like on each of the five points:
1. Doing what you love means that you spend every working minute doing only the activities you love to do and are great at doing. The actions that give you unlimited energy and excitement. (Please score yourself on a scale of 1–10, where 10 means you’re living exactly what I’ve stated.)
2. With people you love means that everyone in your life — your co-workers, customers, vendors, friends, and family — are people you enjoy being around and who uplift you. (Please rate yourself, 1–10.)
3. Making a huge difference and impact means that you’re having the exact impact that you want to have on the world. (Please rate yourself, 1–10.)
4. Being compensated appropriately means that you’re earning the amount of money that you need to achieve your financial goals. (Please rate yourself, 1–10.)
5. With time for other passions means that you spend the amount of time you want on your passions. The things outside of work that you enjoy and give you energy. (Please rate yourself, 1–10.)
If your total score is between 40 and 50, then congratulations! You’re living your ideal life. But if your score is less, you’ve got some work to do to make your life even better.
To help you with this work, my good friend and current EOS Visionary, Mark O’Donnell, will follow up this post with a series of articles that will take you through each of the five points of the EOS Life to help you up your score. His first post, “Doing What You Love,” is your first step on this incredibly rewarding journey. Keep an eye out for it … it will be hitting your inbox soon!
For a much deeper dive into how to live the EOS Life, and to live your ideal life, order my newest book, The EOS Life.
P.S. I’d like to make you a very special offer: If you order 100 or more copies, not only can you take 50% off the cover price, but you’re also invited to attend an exclusive LIVE virtual Q&A with me on September 23, 2021. Go to the EOS Life website to get started. I hope you’ll join me on the 23rd!