In 2020, when preparing for my keynote address for the annual EOS Conference™, I had an inspiration.
I was searching for the perfect message for the more than 1,000 leaders who were running their companies on EOS®.
Then it hit me.
I decided to be a little vulnerable and share the 10 things I do to manage and maximize my energy. The reaction from the audience and the feedback I received after the talk were overwhelming.
I then decided to teach these disciplines in my new book, The EOS Life, and received the same reaction from the 80 test readers.
I’ve been practicing these disciplines for almost 20 years with great success, and now I’m excited to share them with you.
Before I do that, the assumption is that you’re a self-motivated, driven and ambitious person, and that you’re doing the basics — eating right, exercising and getting enough sleep.
Assuming that’s true, you’re a race horse and you’re ready to run. Now, I’m going to show you how to harness that energy, manage it and maximize it so that you can become the best version of yourself.
You’re a ball of energy (we all are), and your energy burns bright or it doesn’t. It’s all about mobilizing that energy.
Below are each of the 10 disciplines, followed by the benefit to you, if you apply the discipline to your life.
Each discipline is fast, simple, powerful and fully customizable. They will help you expand, focus and manage your energy.
The 10 Disciplines for Managing and Maximizing Your Energy are as follows:
- 10-Year Thinking: Time slows down, a peace comes over you, you make better decisions and, ironically, you get there faster.
- Take Time Off: You have to recharge your batteries.
- Know Thyself: The secret is to be yourself in every situation, but to fully be yourself, you must first know thyself.
- Be Still: Enjoying 10 to 30 minutes of silence every day will transform you.
- Know Your 100%: Understanding your work capacity and protecting it will increase your productivity.
- Say No … Often: As Warren Buffett says, “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say ‘no’ to almost everything.”
- Don’t Do $25-an-Hour Work… If You Want to Earn Six Figures: Enough said.
- Prepare Every Night: If you go to bed knowing exactly what you’re going to do tomorrow, you will sleep better, wake up with solutions and hit the ground running.
- Put Everything in One Place: Commit to that place and you’ll be less scattered and more organized and stop letting people down.
- Be Humble: As Rick Warren said, “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less.” More people will fight for you and follow you if you’re humble.
For a deeper dive into these 10 disciplines and to gain all of the benefits, I’ve written and included a “mini-book” at the back of The EOS Life.
I know it’s unconventional to include a book inside a book, but unconventional is pretty much the way I’ve been doing things my entire life — and I didn’t want you to have to buy two books. 😊
You can purchase The EOS Life at all major retailers. You can also get a discount for bulk purchasing using the coupon code: EOSLIFEBULK.