I had a conversation with a seasoned emerging growth entrepreneur and EOS prospect on Friday about implementing the Entrepreneurial Operating System for his growing company. We had a very frank conversation and he asked me point-blank, “Why should I hire you to implement EOS, when I can self implement the system myself?”. I did my best to reply to his questions on the spot, but over the course of the weekend decided it was probably worth addressing in a blog post. If he is asking the questions, how many other second stage entrepreneurs are doing the same.
I decided to put list together of the top reasons that you should use an EOS Implementer:
- Human Nature – We help you focus on what you need to do vs. human nature’s tendency to encourage you to do what you want to do.
- Objectivity – We provide an external, independent, and trusted perspective to challenge your way of thinking and acting.
- Capacity Building – We help you increase your capability to manage your next challenge.
- Speed – We help you do it faster than you could do own your own.
- Habit – We help you make lasting change in your organization and make EOS a habit for your organization.
There are a few other attributes about Professional EOS Implementers that further support the reason for hiring an implementer:
- Seasoning – We have walked in your shoes and have run small and medium-sized businesses.
- Peer-to-Peer – Our experience enables us to communicate with other CEO’s on a peer-to-peer basis.
- Experience – We typically have 20 to 30 years of business experience that enables us help ensure an enduring approach.
- Trusted – Our name is on the line and integrity and relationships are the goodwill that we need to create an enduring practice.
- Accountability – We provide a high level of accountability. We are obsessed about execution, traction, getting it done, and concluding.
If you can afford to hire a Professional EOS Implementer, I highly recommend spending the money. The external energy, objectivity, expertise, and ability to help you and your team get there faster far outweigh the perceived savings of doing it yourself.