All the things you do everyday—are they things that you are truly great at and love to do? Not very many of us can honestly answer yes to this question.
What to Do if You’re Not Passionate about Your Job
During a recent session with a leadership team I gave them an assignment. It goes like this:
- Start by writing down everything you do to fulfill your role. Likely you won’t be able to think of everything, so over the following 2 to 3 weeks make sure the list is complete.
- Transpose the list onto the EOS Delegate and Elevate Tool, getting everything into one of these 4 categories:
- Don’t like/Good
- Don’t like/Not good
- Set up a meeting with the leadership team. Your only objective is to come up with a strategy to get the entire team functioning in the Love/Great zone. Discuss, debate and adjust the Accountability Chart until you have a clear strategy, making sure that the things you are delegating are going to people that will love and be great at them.
Implement the Right Roles Across Your Company
This isn’t going to happen overnight. In fact, it may take months to finally accomplish it. However, the truth is that your business isn’t doing its best work until the majority of your employees are in the Love/Great category—in The Zone.
So let’s get going! As you go into your Annual Planning session for 2015, set this as a goal for the year, and then pull some Rocks out of it for the first Quarter.
- Get everything into the Love/Great quadrant! Download the Delegate and Elevate Tool.
- Do you have the right people in the right seats? Get the EOS Worldwide Accountability Chart.