Is hiring an Integrator™ worth the investment?
Chad Perez was skeptical. However, it only took hiring David Myers as his Integrator for his skepticism to transform into confidence.
Chad is the Founder, CEO, and Visionary of Pinnacle Security & Investigation Inc., which specializes in providing physical security services for businesses that want to ensure the safety and security of their employees, customers, and facilities. David is the President and Integrator. In this episode, they deconstruct how to recognize whether your company needs an Integrator, how to find the right one, and when to expect a return on investment.
- Hire an Integrator who isn’t job hunting.
- New Integrators should look at the company’s processes first and foremost.
- Operating a business with a Visionary/Integrator™ Duo is priceless.
Some Questions Asked:
- What was holding Chad back from hiring an Integrator?
- After hiring David, how long did it take for Chad to see a return on his investment?
- What was David’s prime focus when he started as Integrator?
Hire for Confidence
Chad is the son of an entrepreneur and has always had an itch to start his own business. He was working as a law enforcement officer in New Orleans in 2011 when the opportunity to start Pinnacle Security & Investigation Inc. emerged. He took the plunge and launched his business as the sole employee.
By 2020, the business had grown to around 100 employees. It was doing well, but Chad started realizing that his leadership was hitting a ceiling. There were elements of his role that he wasn’t good at and he didn’t know how to implement a structure to make up for those. Thankfully, he found the structure he was looking for through the Entrepreneurial Operating System® (EOS®) and the book Rocket Fuel.
“Rocket Fuel was like the light shining from the sky directly on me saying, ‘Now it all makes sense.’” – Chad [10:38]
It took some time for Chad to decide to find an Integrator, hiring internally first. He realized within a few months that the hire wasn’t the right fit, and he decided to start a serious external search.
Chad shares that cost was a concern when starting the search, but that he had already had a taste of what it was like to be fully in the Visionary seat and he couldn’t go back. He hired a recruiting firm and within a few months, he found and hired David.
Chad saw positive changes immediately. When you hire the right Integrator, here are some things you can expect:
- They have the confidence to make decisions without involving you every time.
- They will take initiative to spearhead meetings.
- They will ensure important issues are addressed without distractions.
- You will sleep better at night.
- Your inbox won’t be as full.
- Your relationships with your leadership team will be stronger.
“We get pulled away a lot every day [by distractions]… but I feel confident that we’ve got the right people in the right seats and that we’re moving in the right direction, and I think EOS is a huge part of that.” – David [36:00]
If you’re interested in learning how to use EOS in your business or how hiring an Integrator can improve your workflow, don’t miss this episode of Rocket Fuel.